Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Transformation Tuesday

Pepper here. I thought it would be a great idea to share some blog posts that have really wowed me. These bloggers worked their magic to transform these pieces from awful to amazing!

Take this old stereo cabinet. Honestly, wouldn't you be happy if somebody took it off your hands? My grandmother had one of these and she used to tune in the radio station from New Carlisle Quebec on it. I used to think that was so amazing since we were in New Brunswick. But I digress.

Becky at Doodle Bug saw beyond the dated finish and the speaker cloth on this one and transformed it into a beautiful and function piece of furniture that most people would be happy to have in their home now. See more about this transformation on her blog.


The moment I saw this Subway Art dresser at Lindauer Designs, it was love at first sight! How can you resist it? It's just so cool and retro and chippy perfection. I love how the wood grain can be see through the distressed white paint.


The varying sizes of the letters are great and so artfully placed. And lastly, even just the place names rock my world. Maybe I should try one with Saint John locations some day. It won't sound anywhere near as awesome as Times Square, Central Park and Union Station but hey, ya never know. Lancaster, Red Head, Kings Square, Glenn Falls... Would it work? Drop us a line and tell us what you think!

Finally, this Union Jack dresser from 4 The Love Of Wood, is just all kinds of fabulous. Even though I am a French speaking Acadian-Canadian, I can't help but love the look of this dresser. My ancestors though would likely not have appreciated the beauty in the design.


I love how the curved front makes the flag look like it's waving in the wind, and the ornate handles lend a certain regal air to the piece. I think something like this would sell in my lovely Loyalist city. What do you think? Love it or hate it? Let us know! I hope you enjoyed my picks for today.

I am on the last few coats of aqua spray paint on our heavy plaster frame and just started with a few coats of green paint on another frame. Things are looking good even though my socks are now permanently non-slip due to paint over spray on the basement floor.

~Pepper

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the feature! And I also love those dressers--Subway art is so interesting...maybe someday I'll do some of it. Have to find the right piece first :)

    ReplyDelete